1. You don’t need to leave your own home. Well, duh. This is a biggie and a huge reason lots of my Clients have chosen to hire me over the years(they also love my work and think I’m awesome too, obvs!). Clients with Winter babies in particular love that they don’t need to venture out into the freezing New England weather with a brand new baby. Winning!
2. Poo explosions. Oh yes, I just went there. When you book an in-home newborn photography session there’s no need to remember to pack eleventy billion nappies/wipes/burp cloths. Cos, you know that bub is going to have an epic nappy explosion part way through your session, right? But, no need to panic! You’re at home and you’ve got everything you need right there.
3. We’ve got Dad sorted. Sometimes Dad can only get a short break from work, and that’s totally fine! We just get his shots done and dusted first and off he goes. Easy peasy! No need to worry about juggling which car has the baby seat in it, or who’s going to drive you home if you can’t because you’re still recovering from a c-section. So, like I said, sorted.
4. You can relax. No, seriously, everybody is more relaxed in their own home! If you want a cuppa, you can have one. If you need to use the loo, go right ahead. And if you have a toddler, they are generally much happier if they have their own toys and tv shows at hand(and even shy kids are much less likely to be freaked out by the ‘strange lady with a camera’ who’s hanging around all of a sudden).
5. Snuggles. Well, this should really be reason number one in my opinion! If you’re running around in a mad panic when I arrive because bub had a hectic unsettled night(they always do the night before I visit…what is up with that?) and you’re still trying to get ready…Don’t panic! I’ll snuggle the baby while I wait. It’s win, win really!
Did I miss anything? Why did you choose an in-home photographer? Let me know in the comments below!